Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Yakkings of Melmoth

Continuing our series of celeb affairs, none other than Angela Davis
appeared here on campus for a lecture. I remember seeing her in her more
radical days, in 1976, when I worked at the Paramutual. Speaking of V.I.
Lenin, she was appearing there as candidate for Richard X. Chaenei's
office on the Commonist Party ticket, with the legendary Gus 'I'm Just
Like Brezhnev' Hall going for the Pres slot. I thought she was brilliant
back then, and she is even more so now. She gave a wonderful talk about
corporations and globalism. Ronnuld Wilson Raygun had her framed in a
preposterous bogus case, of which she was exonerated (no one ever said
they were even sorry), and as a consequence, Jay Ed Hoov put her on the
FIB's 10 Most Wanted. She is utterly without any bitterness on her own
behalf though, and is not burdoned with an ego. She is totally cool.

The Yakkings of Melmoth

No comments:

Post a Comment